Professional Development Center
2017 DHS Summit
Call for Papers
MANGOSUTHU UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY AND THE NATIONAL DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SETTLEMENTS WILL BE HOSTING THEIR 2017 ANNUAL NATIONAL HUMAN
Date: 5-6 October 2017
Venue: ICC Durban, South Africa
Theme: Human Settlements Development And Technological Innovations
Department of Human Settlements Courses and Bursaries Offering for 2016-2017
14 August – 29 September 2017
|Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University||
Human Settlements Scholarships / Bursary Advertisement for 2016
BACHELOR OF HUMAN SETTLEMENTS DEVELOPMENT (BHSD)
Only for ACCEPTED 1st Year students of the BHSD at NMMU Missionvale Campus.Applications are invited from top performing and financially disadvantaged first year students who have already been accepted at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) for the Bachelor of Human Settlements Development degree in 2016.
The Department of Human Settlements in partnership with the Chair for Education in Human Settlements Development and Management (Chair4HSD) seeks to award a number of scholarships and bursaries.
The Professionalisation of the Human Settlements Sector refers to the acquisition of relevant skills and knowledge, both for personal development and for career advancement of Human Settlements officials.
Professional Development of the sector encompasses all types of facilitated learning opportunities ranging from undergraduate and post graduate degrees to credit bearing short learning programmes also known as continued professional development programmes and informal learning opportunities situated in practice.
The University of South Africa (Unisa) is proud to announce an exciting degree in Human Settlements Management in 2016. Online admission application for this qualification will be open from 03 August 2015 until 31st August 2015 for hard copy applications and closing date for on-line applications is 31st September 2015. Please click below links for more details.
Wits University Programmes
The National Department of Human Settlements facilitates new postgraduate offering in the field of Housing & Human Settlements. The Masters of Built Environment (MBE) is a recent programme tailored to creating specialists in Housing Theory and Practise.
This programme is targeted at Human Settlements officials at the National,Provincial and local sphere of government, with an honours or PG Diploma.This is formulated as a range of short courses namely:
1. HTCP - Housing Theory Concepts and Policy
2. HFL - Housing Finance and Law
3. STS - Social and Technical Sustainability
4. Housing Seminar (informal settlement upgrading) (Elective)
5. Management of Existing Housing Stock.
The above short courses can be articulated into Masters. Further information can be obtained from : http://wits-enterprise.co.za/c/human-settlements-and-housing-theory-conc...
|Institution||Course Outline||Related Link|
This course can be used for credits towards the following degrees:
1. MBE (Housing)
School of Architecture & Planning
Stellenbosch University Programmes
The Department of Human Settlements and Stellenbosch University’s School of Public Leadership are working on a partnership that is aimed at launching an Executive Leadership and Management programme in Sustainable Human Settlements Development. Read more…
University of Forth Hare programmes
University of Fort Hare has launched a new Degree in Human Settlements named: Bachelor of Social Science in Human Settlements. The target is matric learners and Human Settlements officials. Read more...
|INSTITUTION||COURSE OUTLINE||RELATED LINK|
|University of Forth Hare||Bachelor of Social Science in Human Settlements||Brochure|
University of Free State
|INSTITUTION||COURSE OUTLINE||RELATED LINK|
|UFS||Department of Urban and Regional Planning||Brochure|
- Click here for a list of previous activities [pdf]
- BHSD classes commence: 10 February 2014
- Professionalisation Survey - Free State, Eastern Cape, Mpumalanga
- Introduction to Human Settlements Book Review - 28 May 2014
- Human Settlements Professional Development Symposium, our Deputy Minister Zou Kota-Fredericks will be delivering a key note address. This will take place on the 22nd September 2014 at the Cape Town Peninsula University of Technology.
Directions to the Bellville Campus [pdf]
- South African Housing Foundation International Conference will take place 29th September 2014 - 1st October 2014 at the Lord Charles Hotel, Somerset West, Cape Town. Theme: Affordable Housing Opportunities for Southern Africa.
- Urban Development Related E-Courses from the World Bank Institute
- Inclusive Cities Webinar Series
- South African National Upgrading Support Programme (NUSP)
National Department of Human Settlements