The National Department of Human Settlements would like to warn housing applicants / beneficiaries to be alert of continuous FRAUDULENT HOUSING SCAMS.
• Scammers and criminals take advantage of people who are desperate for houses and post fake internet advertisements
selling RDP houses.
• No exchange of money is needed to get approval for an RDP house.
• You do not have to pay to be on the housing database.
• You do not have to pay any individual for municipal land.
RESTRICTION ON VOLUNTARY SALE OF STATESUBSIDISED HOUSING
In terms of the Housing Act 107 of 1997, Section 10A (1) it shall be a condition of every housing subsidy, granted to a natural person in terms of any national programme for the construction or purchase of a dwelling or serviced site, that person shall not sell or otherwise alienate his or her dwelling or
site WITHIN A PERIOD OF 8 YEARS from the date on which the property was acquired by that person unless the dwelling or
site has first been offered to the relevant provincial department. Immediately report allegations of housing fraud
Report suspicious activities relating to acts of fraud and corruption:
• DHS Special Investigations Directorate: 012 421 1503/1416/1535
• DHS Call Centre: 0800 146 873
• National Anti-Corruption Hotline: 0800 701 701
• The Presidential Hotline: 17737
Clich to read more