The Property Practitioners Bill, 2016 and the Home Loan and Mortgage Disclosure Amendment Bill, go for public participation
The Property Practitioners Bill, 2016 and the Home Loan and Mortgage Disclosure Amendment Bill, go for public participation starting from next week.
The Two Bills were published on 31 March 2017 under the Notice 246 of 2017, Gazette No: 40733 to allow for public comment before the law is finalised. Once promulgated into law, the Property Practitioners Bill will repeal the current Estate Agency Affairs Act 112 of 1976.
The Home Loan and Mortgage Disclosure Amendment Bill is aimed at amending the Home Loan and Mortgage Disclosure Act 63 of 2000. It will also help to regulate key human settlements matters as identified in the National Development Plan including, amongst others, issues on spatial planning, provision of housing finance and dealing with complaints from home loan holders.
People can still make comments on the two Bills by submitting their inputs in writing and deliver it to: Department of Human Settlements offices at 260 Justice Mahommed Street in Sunnyside, Pretoria. Comments should be marked for the attention of Mr Thulani Khambule who can be contacted on (012) 444 9088. They can also be emailed to Thulani.Khambule@dhs.gov.za or sent via post to: The Director-General, Department of Human Settlements, Private Bag X644, Pretoria, 0001.
The dates for public participations are as follows:
- Northern Cape 20/06 Kimberley - Garden Court
- Free State 21/06 Bon Hotel Bloemfontein Centre
- Kwazulu- Natal 27/06 EThekwini - Durban ICC
- Western Cape 28/06 Cape Town (Stellenbosch )
- Eastern Cape 29/06 East London
- Eastern Cape 29/06 East London -Nelspruit : Mercure Hotel
N4 Main Road CNR Graniet Street
- Limpopo 4/07 Polokwane - Meropa
- Mpumalanga 5/07 Nelspruit : Mercure Hotel N4 Main Road CNR Graniet Street
- Gauteng Province 6/07 Ekurhuleni : Birchwood Hotel Boksburg
For more information please contact Teboho Montse 082 886 6721
ISSUED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SETTLEMENTS
DATE: 13 JUNE 2017